2.03 - DESKTOP
(Including Fare Watch)
- Windows (I've tested it with
Windows 7, 8, AND 10)
- In order to access the internet (to download fares from Amtrak),
- The dynamic link library MsXmlx.dll must be installed on your computer (Windows
normally installs it by default; but if not, it can be downloaded
- Internet explorer must be installed (it need not be the default browser).
- Download the installation program amsnagInstall.exe
to the folder of your choice by clicking here
- Run the downloaded installation program
- If you are told this is a dangerous site, click MORE INFO and
make your own decision.
- Select the folder where you wish to install Amsnag.
Several files will be placed in the folder you chose.
- If a message suggests the program did not install correctly,
- Run amsnag.exe
- The Fare Watch program is accessed from Amsnag's opening screen
- You can place a shortcut icon on the desktop by right
clicking amsnag.exe and selecting "send to" and "Desktop"
- Detailed instructions for Fare Watch are provided here.
Selection Screen (after clicking RETRIEVE FARES)
Details for Selected Options
for Selected Options
Watch Main Screen
Fares for Selected Itinerary
Enter New Itinerary